Sunday, January 28, 2007

A cold sunny Sunday

Brrrrrrr...It is a bit chilly here! It's 32, but with the wind chill it feels like 22. At least it is bright out. Church was wonderful today.

Caleb is working on his pinewood Derby car. He got his wolf book this week, and has nearly memorized the entire thing. He loves Cub Scouts!



I passed off 5 of my Achievement girls for memorizing the Articles of Faith. We sang them, but they did it! I suggested that we have them sing it for a Sacrament meeting. They groaned and moaned about it! We also made invitations for the elderly sisters in the ward for a "Formal" Dinner. They turned out so nice. ( Pictures next week) They will hand address them in February, and we will prepare the meal to freeze until the dinner. They will learn how to set the table properly, and serve these wonderful ladies. I am having fun!


The kids attacked Nathan after we got home today. Giggling girls swarmed him, and he was down fast.



I wanted to tell you about something sweet from out trip. When we stopped in OK for dinner ( The same place as the country dog, city dog pictures below), we were sitting in a little cafe with a view of the gas pumps. Some big rolly polly guy with a full beard pulls up on a motorcycle. He gets off of it, and Sophie screams " HOHOHO" all the while pointing. I glance over and start to laugh. " Santa!" yells Sophie bean...."there is Santa!"


Aubrie and Kiera both are researching for Science Fair projects. It seems cruel to have 2 kids doing it at the same time. * Sigh*


Oh, and I bet you didn't have a clue that Caleb is actually ( Shhhhh, I shouldn't be telling you this !) SUPERBOY!!



Faster than any old girl, stronger than a 3 year old....wearing girl go-go boots......... It's, It's CABLEJOE SUPERBOY!!!
I'm here to save the day! ( If I can have some chocolate ice-cream afterwards..)



Okay, I also held a VERY cool contest that no one else knew about except for me..Very HUSH HUSH. I can really keep a secret! I need a drum roll please.

The winner of the first annual looks best in a balloon hat made by Aaron is..........

WEBSTER!

Close 2nd place prize goes to......

Multi-tasker mogul GARY!

Thank you for participating even though you didn't know you were!