Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Achilles Tendon

So, who knew you could rupture your Achilles tendon? Who also knew it's the biggest tendon in your entire body? Obviously, I did not. I was playing some B- ball on December 18th. I had the ball, and pivoted. The girl guarding me kicked the snot out of my leg. Just kidding. i thought she had though, and stated it as I was falling to the ground. Pop goes the tendon. Recovery stinks. I am not a good invalid. I started Physical Therapy 2 weeks ago. I think I am making progress. I am now putting about 60% weight on it, with crutches.


Cast #1


Cast #2


Stunning Nepolian Dynomite Moon Boot. I know your jealous and stuff.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow! I am sooo sorry about your tendon! I think it would be really hard to be down at home, where everything is going on. I would want to help, but couldn't and knowing me I would overdo it anyway. I am glad you are recovering! That is awesome that Kiera turned 12! How does she like YWs? That is funny about the snowman in the girls' room. At least it wasn't huge, right?

Gianetta said...

Major bummer!
Hope that you are hanging in there! We miss you guys! Please tell Kiera Happy Birthday from all of us!
Hope that your recovery is speedy!

Kimberly said...

oooh ouch! I bet that has been fun. I'm guessing a few surgeries? I wish you quick recovery!